Sunday, September 14, 2008

pre-birthday

Well, this is my last day in my 20's. And yes...that is 30 candles! Gabe said his face was burning carrying the cake from the kitchen to the table. Poor guy! Well, at least he'll get to enjoy the burn from that many candles again in 6 months when it's his birthday!

My parents came over to celebrate. We enjoyed many of my favorite things. Gabe got ribs from Gartner's (one of my favorites!) and made my favorite cake...carrot with cream cheese frosting. We also made this ice cream and will be enjoying it later this evening since it's still 90 degrees outside. I'm excited to try out my Wii Fit. (Thanks Mom, Dad, Becky, Tricia and Jory) That is as soon as Gabe gets the Wii working again. (It's a long story that I'm not going to get into. I just hope he gets it working soon!)

I won't be doing much in the way of celebrating tomorrow since I have to go to work and then to class. But Gabe did promise me a few "treats". He said he'd make me breakfast in the morning and we're going to go get sushi before I have to head off to class. The best birthday treat of all is the completion of our huge backroom project! I'm thrilled to be done and can't wait to have our evenings and weekends back. Pictures and/or video will be up at some point this week. We can't wait to show it off!
-h

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow,where did that time go! I was just 21 when you were born.Now you are leaving your 20's behind. Glad we could be there to help you celebrate.(Everything was yummy. Thanks Gabe!) Hope your day tomorrow goes just as you hope Heidi. HAPPY 30th BIRTHDAY! XOXOXOXO

Anonymous said...

Yeah! Happy Birthday!! Sushi sounds like a perfect birthday dinner (especially since you have to go to class. Boo.)

Alexis

Anonymous said...

Happy REAL Birthday today Heidi! You are LOVED!!!!XOXOXO

jessica said...

Happy birthday, Heidi. (from me and John) I can't wait to see the back room.