Wednesday, December 17, 2008

another snow day?!

So here I am in day 3 of "Snow Day Extravaganza 2008".
Part 3 of the "Arctic Blast" was supposed to hit this morning at about 7am but here it is, after 11, and I have only seen some small snow flurries.
Last night we took another trip to the grocery store to get more baking supplies. I figured if I was going to be here another day...more baking needed to get done. I guess I wasn't the only one with that brilliant idea. The baking isle was empty. I'm not kidding. The shelves were empty! They didn't have the semi-sweet chocolate I needed. They didn't have the white chocolate I needed. They didn't have the marshmallows I needed. It was ridiculous. So I got what I could and I'll try to make it work.
Since I've hardly left the house this week, Gabe and I did go on a quick walk last night. It was quick because after about 10 minutes we couldn't feel our faces. We would have walked faster to get the blood moving, but with the risk of slipping on the ice, that wasn't really an option.
I'm not sure what I'll be doing to keep myself entertained today. Jupiter isn't much for company. All he does is sleep. I'm not really comfortable with all of this time on my hands! I didn't bring home very much work because I didn't know this would be a 5 day weekend. Any suggestions?
-h

2 comments:

Mom said...

More scrapbooking and more reading?? I love all this time on my hands. I have all my lessons planned for the month of January.Now I am going to attempt to finish packing. I honestly hate to leave all this pretty stuff behind.It has been snowing here most of the morning!!! As Trish put it"keep it coming"!!!

Trish said...

Party still on for tonight?