Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Snow Day Part 2

Well, it's not snowing today but we still don't have school. I'm thankful. I was not looking forward to getting there on the ice rink which is still the street outside our house. I almost slipped right outside our house yesterday when I walked 2 blocks to the mailbox. Even with the snow tires, I am a true Oregonian and don't feel confident driving in bad weather. Especially when I can't even walk without slipping and sliding!

I sent Gabe after ingredients for cookies last night. So my plan for the day is to bake, bake, bake. Our holiday cocktail party is Saturday night (weather permitting...there's more snow in the forecast!) and I figured since I'm home all day I may as well get some of that baking done ahead of time. I'm making these and these. I was also planning on taking some treats to work. We'll see if that happens. 

I've been putting all this extra time off to good use!  I'm finishing off a book I've been working on for awhile, working on some scrapbooking and crafts.  Just staying inside trying to stay warm.
-h

3 comments:

Mom said...

Don't forget to make an extra batch or two for the beach trip in Jan.!!:)XOXOXO

Anonymous said...

Yum...I love those brown sugar cookies! I'm going to make the peanut blossoms too, another holiday favorite. I hope the weather doesn't interfere with the party!

Do you think we will make it back to school this year?

Alexis

Gabe said...

I hope we make it back to school this week. I really don't want to be making up days in June! At that point in the year I really want to be out for summer.
-h