Friday, April 24, 2009

Hold the Lettuce

Ok...I have a middle school story to share.
I was walking back to my room after warming up my lunch in the staff room today, and I saw a student lunch tray that just sent my head spinning. I guess I shouldn't be too shocked. I know most middle school students eat like crap. Energy drinks for breakfast and cookies for lunch is a balanced diet for most 13 year olds. Anyway, this particular tray was a shocker...even by middle school standards. The boy, who I'm not familiar with, will definitely remain nameless. On his bright orange lunch tray was a plate overflowing with croutons. Yes, you heard that right. He had a plate of croutons but not a piece of lettuce to be seen. Next to this abundance of croutons was a huge overflowing bowl of ranch dressing. It left me completely speechless when I saw him dip the crouton into the ranch. I have to admit I could not believe it. I'm sure my mouth was hanging open. Yikes!

Spring is definitely here! The last few weeks have been really tough at school. It's hard for both me, and the kids, to want to be there when it's beautiful outside. And on top of it, Gabe and I have been working really hard on the weekends to get the house ready for sale. Last weekend it was yard work. This weekend Gabe's prepping the house for paint. I think I'll be packing up things we don't need and can put in the basement. Hopefully we can put the house on the market in a few weeks. Then we'll see what happens.
-h

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yuck! But, somehow, I'm not surprised.

ALexis

Carol said...

Sounds like a salad that our six yr old Caleb would love.. Carol Grass