Saturday, June 6, 2009

Work Baby Shower


Thursday my co-workers had a baby shower for us. Gabe was invited but decided he didn't want to leave work early to come down. I think he was just afraid he'd be the only guy there. I think he forgets that almost half of our staff is male and there are 3 males in my team of teachers. He would have been just fine. Or maybe being the center of attention is hard for him too. No...that can't be it!
Anyway, it was nice to share my excitement with others, have some cake and receive many thoughtful gifts. That was until the "storm" rolled in. As we were finishing up the party, the clouds and wind started to roll in. I was literally drenched when I got home just walking from the driveway to the back door. As soon I came in the door the lightening started. Pretty crazy for these parts.
These are all the wonderful things we received. I still don't have a nursery to put them in, but I'm trying really hard not to stress out about it.
-h

5 comments:

jessica said...

Oh, you look so cute, Heidi. I can't wait to see the little guy.

Mom said...

You really did get some nice things.But remember,Baby West doesn't need his bed yet. And you've got us to help.So NO stressing!:)XOXOXOXO

The Peaks said...

Heidi, I can remember the stress I was feeling when I was at that point in my pregnancy too. Even if you weren't moving and finishing school and all the rest, it would still feel stressfull. I wanted to let you know that it will all be fine and it will all pass. When you hold that little guy in your arms it will seem so pointless to have worried so much. So relax and take a warm bath and enjoy the stage you are in because (it seems crazy to say) you may just miss it someday. Love ya! Nickie

Mom said...

Good Advice Nickie. Maybe she will listen and take it to heart since it is not her hubby OR her mom telling her...RELAX!!!

Peggy said...

You look so cute! :) I've been waiting to see a picture of you! We have matching "baskets." I have 2 of the ones your towel came in! All of Z's toys currently fit in one - poor kid doesn't have many toys! :)