Saturday, November 20, 2010

There's no doubt you're a parent when...

you're catching your child's vomit in your hand to avoid getting it all over your bed, and you were just hugging the toilet 10 minutes ago yourself.
That's the week we've had around here. Gabe and I recovered pretty quickly, but poor little Levi is just now looking to be on the mend.

Well, I'm off for the entire week (3 furlough days, 2 days for the holiday) so I'm committing to do some serious posting. Gabe's almost finished with the final touches on the kitchen, so I at least need to show off our new kitchen before we put it to work preparing the Thanksgiving feast. Plus, I realize this blog is missing pictures of the cutest little 15 month old kid I know.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh wow, vomiting adults and baby does NOT sound fun. Glad you two are feeling better but yuck. Thankfully we've only had a couple sniffly colds here so far. Surprising given that she's in daycare this year. *crossing fingers*

Anonymous said...

Wow...doesn't sound like fun. Sorry to hear you guys have been so sick. At least you have a little time off now though!

Alexis

Anonymous said...

Oh No! You poor guys and little Levi. I'm glad you've got all next week off and everybody should be well in time for Turkey Day. Can't wait to see more pictures; Levi has probably grown an inch since the last ones, huh? And, pictures of the finished kitchen! Tom has been off since Nov. 18th and goes back to work on the 29th. He's in No. CA w/Gary Battles wild piggie hunting. Tinka & I are holding down the fort. Hugs, Joey

Mom said...

I think your days off were a blessing in disguise.A little extra time to recover,rest,relax,AND prepare the bird!!.XOXOXOXO

Paul and Peggy said...

Oh, so sorry you are all sick! :( Getting puked on sucks!!!!