Well, I'm ready to announce the challenge I'm giving myself this year. This year my goal is to take a photo a week.
We started this blog four years ago with the challenge to take a photo every day for a year. Our hope was not only to document the big and small events of our lives, but also to force ourselves to be creative while improving our photography skills. With the additional member of our family, that challenge is no longer something we have time for. But I think we can do a photo every week.
In thinking about taking a photo every week, I didn't want it to be just any photo. I still want it to encourage us to be creative and improve our photography. So I'm thinking that maybe we'll take a picture every week around a theme. I'd like it to be a theme of what we want to focus our year around. Something we really want to focus our time and energy on in this new year, 2011. So the theme of 2011 is...PLAY.
We already play a lot around here but I'm hoping that taking a picture every week, with the thought of play in mind, will encourage me to let some things go and play even more. I often get caught up in the work I bring home, the dishes I need to do, and Angry Birds on my phone. I want to be more intentional about playing with my boys. And in the process, enjoying more of the small moments of the year.
My goal is to post each Saturday, a picture from the week. Who knows what my interpretation of play might be at that moment. I'm hoping Gabe might join me in this...but I haven't really asked him yet. The true goal is for this to help focus me on something I really want to do more of this year. We'll see what happens.
3 comments:
I think you will have a lot of fun with this new goal. I know I am looking forward to the pictures!XOXO
Fun? That's an awesome goal. Since I met Tom, there is no shortage of fun (or surprises or adventure) in my life. I've just never thought of a photo a week. That is wonderful, Heidi, I can hardly wait to see the pictures, especially since I always look forward to seeing new info. & pics. on the West Blog! Give our grandson a big hug & kiss from us. Love, Joey
Oh good! I'm glad you are doing it! And, technically, Angry Birds is play...I'm just saying...
Alexis
Post a Comment