Saturday, June 11, 2011

Cilantro Pesto

We harvested our first bunch of cilantro this week.
Gabe's dad and Joanne have raved about how wonderful cilantro pesto is, so we decided to give it a try this week. We decided to try this recipe. It looked simple, perfect for dinner on Wednesday night in the midst of a crazy week. I have to admit that I had high expectations and was therefore very disappointed. Levi was very disappointed as well. You would have thought the sauce was actually poison.
Here's what might have gone wrong:
*may not have had quite enough cilantro. And since talking to Gabe's dad, next time I'll add in some basil as well.
*too much garlic. Three raw cloves is overkill. Especially for a 22 month old, even though he does usually like garlic.
*in my opinion, way too much sesame oil. That's all I could taste. Although Gabe said he really liked it, next time I'm only putting in half the amount.

Any other suggestions from those who have made cilantro pesto?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Like Tom said, it would be great with pasta. Maybe some Cilantro Line Shrimp to boot! It had a different flavor, but wasn't what I'm used to when Tom makes it. Good job, Heidi! Love, Joey