Sunday, April 29, 2012

Great dinner guests

My Grandma and Grandpa Girard came over for supper tonight.
They don't live far but we don't get over to visit them as much as we should.  So I was happy when they excepted our invite to Sunday Supper.
We had some time to visit before supper was ready.  Levi made sure to show off plenty by spinning around in circles and introducing great Grandparents to all his cars and trains.

Gabe roasted another amazing piece of pork for dinner.
He rubbed it with rosemary, thyme and oregano.  And made a sauce to go with it inspired by this.  The meal was completed by some mashed potatoes, turnips and chives.  (I threw in some cream cheese and cream too.)  And my favorite, roasted asparagus.  I also cut up some strawberries and whipped up some cream for dessert.  My son has a new found love of whipped cream.  After he finished his strawberries he insisted he was still hungry but declined Gabe's offers for more pork, asparagus and fruit.  So he had some oranges...with whipped cream!  His dad's idea.  Not mine!

No comments: