Sunday, April 22, 2012

Sunny Sunday Supper

I had this great plan to create an Earth day post along with our Sunday supper this week.
But this weekend has been pretty much non-stop activity and I'm exhausted.  The weather has been amazing and the last thing I wanted to do was put together a thoughtful post about the Earth.  I figure enjoying the sunshine was probably the best thing we could do to celebrate the Earth any way.
(But if you want a glimpse at what I was planning, do a little research in how bad eating meat (and dairy) is for the environment.  Here are some articles to get you started.)
We think buying our pork (and lamb) from Gabe's Aunt Jaki helps our footprint since her animals are treated like pets and their place is 2 hours away.  But we've decided to try and limit our meat consumption.  Clearly we'll have to work on dairy next!
That was the amount of cheese that went into tonights supper.
I decided when trying to feed 2 & 1/2 year old boys it's not really the time to try an ambitious truly meat and dairy free meal.  So we made this for Sunday supper today.  It is hands down the most perfect macaroni and cheese recipe.  Just not the most eco-friendly!
As you can see, the Weisserts joined us for dinner on this beautiful evening.  We even got to eat dinner outside!

Here's my attempt to get a shot of the little boys sporting their Lightening t-shirts.  But there were so many other things they would have rather been doing than posing for photos!

We'll keep working on the whole meat and dairy free eating.
And the bathroom photos will finally be coming later this week!  Gabe has to paint the new baseboard some evening this week if he's feeling up to it.  He starts a new job tomorrow so we'll see how it goes.

2 comments:

Mom said...

Yummmm! One of my favorites! Those two year olds are so funny!Levi told me Westins' Lightening had NO wheels!XOX

Anonymous said...

Cool shades, Levi! Hope to see you soon! I can't wait to see the bathroom pictures. I know it's just been 4 days, but we hope Gabe loves his new job. What a wonderful feeling to be recruited away to a new job. Love, Grammy