At sunrise this morning, the great adventure began. We were all loaded up with our warm clothes and hot drinks, we were ready to find the most wonderful Tannenbaum. We headed out east, toward the mountain we went. Where the snowfall is fresh and the trees are the best. As you can see the morning was amazing, the view was spectacular. The selection of trees was more than we'd wished for. This year's search was a complete success.After last year's adventure (when I was walking through 2 feet of snow in my tennis shoes) it took some convincing from Gabe to get me out there this year. I didn't want a sad looking forest tree like we had last year, and I didn't want to walk around looking for a tree in the deep snow.
Here's a picture from last year. Notice how sad and thin the tree is...
-h
3 comments:
We got our tree today too! Only our hunt wasn't so great. Freezing rain and mud and 2 crappy tree farms. I'm ashamed to admit this, but we ended up at Lowes. Sad, I know. The live tree selection out here sucks! We're trying to come up with a plan to get an Oregon tree out here next year...
Can't wait to see yours by the way!
Glad you had a good trip. The view looks absolutely AWESOME! Can't wait to see the tree.:)
Post a Comment