Saturday, January 5, 2008

Change of plans

What was I thinking? Why didn't someone slap me? I really thought that the reason people sew things is because it's cheaper than buying them. Boy was I wrong. We went to Fabric Depot this morning...big mistake because they were having a huge sale and every one was there! Not only that, the fabric I found, the one I really wanted, was (gulp) $21.99 a yard. Even with the 40% off sale that would have made the new curtains I wanted to sew $150...just in fabric! Not to mention if I messed it all up somehow and had to get more fabric. Seriously, what was I thinking? I couldn't take the madness of fabric hell so we went over to Joanne's. I needed a simpler and cheaper first sewing project. So, after much "debate" I decided to try sewing some napkins.

Of course, I didn't run home and start this project immediately. We went to see Juno and now I'm sitting here blogging. Killing time before we go meet Dave and Carley for dinner. If you can believe it, I didn't even mention the worst parts of my day. Yes...there is more. I'm trying to put it all behind me now. Let's just say, I'd be better off never leaving my house. I don't like people much. Especially stinky people in movie theatres.
-h

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope you enjoy your dinner,especially since nothing else seemed to go your way today! Did you enjoy the movie?(not the experience)I'm sorry you don't like people. I am not crazy about animals.:)