Friday, January 4, 2008

My new "hobby"

Thank goodness for instruction manuals. Or should I say the pictures in the instruction manuals. I sat down yesterday with the manual to the sewing machine and actually figured out how to get it all threaded. It was a proud moment. Sadly, something was amiss because my stitches looked terrible. When Gabe got home, he noticed a small mistake I'd made in the threading process. After that I cranked out some amazing straight stitches.

So, here's my project for the weekend...new curtains for the living room. Sewn by yours truly. The curtains that are currently hanging in the living room have been destroyed by the wild animal we let run our home (aka Jupiter). Plus, they were pretty cheap ones we got at IKEA. Time for something new.

Even though we aren't doing a photo a day this year, I'm not sure I'll be able to bring myself to post without also posting a photo. After 183 posts, it's pretty much habit at this point. Plus, our skills did improve a lot last year. Looking at some of our pictures from January o7, you can tell we came a long way! Since I'm still not as skilled as I'd like to be, it makes sense to keep boring you with my photographs.
-h

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You allready have your fabric? You waste no time. Good for you!!!

Gabe said...

No...I don't have fabric yet. I didn't want to pick it out by myself. Gabe and I will do it tomorrow and then I'll get sewing.
I had papers to grade today anyway.
-h