Sunday, October 18, 2009

Our 5th Anniversary

Gabe and I got to take a little time away (by ourselves) to celebrate our 5th anniversary this weekend. Before we went to Las Vegas, Gabe was putting in really long hours at work trying to get a project done. So he decided to take Friday off. We dropped Levi off at Grandpa & Grandma G's house and then took off on our own little wine tour. We wanted to stop and taste at several wineries here in the northern part of the Willamette Valley. We ended up only making it to 4 wineries (Copper Mountain, Oak Knoll, Elk Cove, and Patton Valley) but that really ended up being enough. One can only taste so much Pinot Noir (the specialty of the valley) in one day.

We ended our special day in Forest Grove and stayed the night at the Grand Lodge. We drank some more wine and went down to the basement bar where they had live music. It was fun to spend time together, but I have to admit that we did spend a lot of our time thinking about Levi and wondering how he was doing. We knew his grandparents were taking good care of him...we just missed getting to snuggle him and give him kisses. We enjoyed our time together but were happy to see him Saturday afternoon.

6 comments:

Mom said...

I am really glad you 2 got to get away,AND that I got to take care of Levi,but I am pretty sure he missed you guys as well.:0)

Paul and Peggy said...

Good for you taking a whole night away! We haven't done that yet - I guess it is harder without grandparents nearby. I'll have to give you a call this week - I have a job interview tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

yay for your 5th anniversary!!!!
Sarah

jessica said...

You two look great! Happy anniversary. I was thinking that John and I had been married about as long as you two when we had Grace. Now she's 13! The time really flies. Let the adventures begin...

Becky said...

Love you both, I guess I should say all three now...how weird is that!

Anonymous said...

That sounds like a very nice way to spend the anniversary. Wow, 5 years!

Alexis