Monday, October 19, 2009

A Visit With Grandparents

Gabe's dad and Joanne came up Saturday afternoon to visit. It was really nice to see them and watch them enjoy their time with Levi. I just love watching other people love on our baby. He's such a lucky guy!
Shortly after arriving, Tom got to work making dinner for all of us. Levi got to help make dinner too! It was nice to talk and laugh while someone else did all the work. Plus, the meal was delicious.Sunday morning Levi (and Grandpa) were up bright and early. I'm use to waking up to Levi's crying...the smell of bacon was a pleasant surprise. After enjoying our waffle bacon breakfast we headed over to the Portland Nursery for their yearly apple tasting. They have a ridiculous amount of apples to taste. I wanted to get some apples to make Levi's first baby food, but since it was the last day they were pretty sold out. We did pick up about 4 lbs and I'll test out a few recipes and get them in the freezer this week. Unfortunately, we won't know for several more months how he likes them!
I hope he likes the apples more than he did his experience at the tasting. This is how he spent his time at the festival.

5 comments:

Mom said...

Sounds like you had a near perfect weekend.XOXOX

jessica said...

You just have to love grandparents! It makes me smile to see all that pampering going on. Enjoy!

Paul and Peggy said...

That reminds me... I used the yummy cookbook a few weeks ago and made a fancy chicken, sweet potato and apple recipe. Zachary LOVES it! Thanks for the book! And thanks again for the phone call today. By the way - love that pic of you and Gabe wine tasting! You look great!

Anonymous said...

Our grandson is soooo cute and such a good baby! Grandpa Tom can hardly wait until he's old enough for his Plumlee pork sausage gravy & biscuits. I can't wait until he can ride on his rocking horse - wheeee! Oh; it was great seeing you guys too.
Hugs, Joey

Anonymous said...

I love the picture of Levi cooking with grandpa...so cute!

ALexis