Sunday, December 6, 2009

Bead For Life

My mom and I were inspired by my sister, and decided to have a Bead for Life party this weekend. We actually invited people over both yesterday, and today, in hopes of having lots of people to support this wonderful cause. We were thinking people would find it a great opportunity to do some holiday shopping, while at the same time supporting women in Uganda break free of poverty. It really is a wonderful program (check out their website to learn more). Plus, the beads are amazingly beautiful. I love that almost 80% of the money you give for purchasing the beads goes back to the community. And as a host of the party...we gain nothing. Except enjoying the beads. Which I could literally look through for hours because each one is special and unique.

Well, turn out wasn't as good as we'd hoped. It's getting close to the holidays, and it seems everyone was using the nice dry weather to get their Christmas tree this weekend. But we are sending back over $800, so I feel really good about that.

Again....a very special thank you to everyone who came by, looked at and bought beads. It was nice to see everyone and chat. Enjoy the beads and spread the word!

Update: My mom's had the beads at her house for the last week and a few more people stopped by to look at them and make purchases. So the grand total we'll be sending back to Bead for Life is over $1100! Wow! Totally cool!

4 comments:

heather said...

$800 is great!
Glad you had fun with it!!

Mom said...

It's actually going to be more. Will let you know the final count. :0)

Mom said...

Yeah,$1185.We did REALLY good!

Mom said...

That didn't sound right. I meant to say,it feels really good to send $1185.00 to Beadforlife, knowing it will help so many!!!:0)