I was afraid when we went to bed Friday night that we'd wake up in the morning with snow on the ground, no snow tires on our car yet, and no way to get our tree. But there was no need to fear. Since the forecasted "Arctic Storm" didn't hit overnight we figured we'd be OK. But we were still a little nervous since every TV weather person swore it was still going to hit. Good thing we didn't wait around. I would have been really annoyed if we'd stayed home just to wait for a storm that never arrived.
We struck out on the weather front with the cold temperatures and spitting rainy. We also struck out picking a tree farm. We have yet to find a farm we'll return to year after year. We didn't want to venture too far from home, just in case arctic weather did make an appearance. So, we went south to Tualatin to Lee Farms. It's a full service operation. All you have to do is pick out the tree. They come on a tractor, cut down the tree for you, throw it on the back of the tractor and drop it off. They then shake it, bale it and even load it on your car. So, Gabe didn't have to do a thing. I think he was a little disappointed. The trees weren't great, but we found one that will do the job. Levi enjoyed helping pick out his first Christmas tree, except for the loud chain saw. When the guy started up the chain saw to cut down our tree, Levi belted out the loudest scream I've hear yet. Guess he's not use to those sorts of loud noises...yet. I'm sure his dad will have him use to the sound of roaring engines soon enough.
Well, here's a picture of me and Levi all bundled up searching for our "perfect" tree. No pictures of the finished tree yet. Hopefully Gabe and I will get around to the decorating once the little guy is in bed tonight.
1 comment:
I love the green trees in the back ground. Sure wish Levi would learn to smile for pictures!!XOXOXO
Post a Comment