Monday, December 28, 2009

Over the river and through the woods...

to grandmother's house we went.
We got to Oakridge in the early afternoon on Christmas. Levi got to visit with his "great" relatives (great uncle, great aunts, great cousin) and his grandma. We had dinner up at Gabe's aunt and uncle's house. Of course, Levi was ready for his last meal of the evening, and bed time, right when we sat down to our meal. I just realized I didn't take any pictures the whole time we were in Oakridge. I took some video but Gabe needs to show me how to get it off my new video camera.

On Saturday we visited a little longer and then drove to Gabe's dad and Joanne's house. Levi got quite the gift from his grandparents. Here's grandpa Tom helping Gabe put it together.And here's Levi playing once it was all put together. He's still a little short since he has to touch the base with his tippy toes, but he really likes "playing" with all the different things. Really I should say he likes putting them in his mouth.Once again, Tom made us quite an amazing feast for dinner. The most delicious rack of lamb I've ever tasted! And once again, guess who was ready for his dinner and bed time at the same time? I had a really hard time tearing myself away from Tom's good cooking. Gabe's aunt Jaki and her husband, as well as Gabe's cousin Nikki, came over to say hello too. So Levi got to meet even more "great" relatives.
We said good-bye around noon on Sunday and headed home. The drive was fine until we hit Albany where traffic hit a stand still. Apparently a dog decided he had enough of the drive and decided to run down I-5 North. There were several cars stopped to catch him and traffic was all sorts of messed up. We still got home pretty early and were able to get unpacked and relax a little before Gabe had to head back to work this morning. I really wish he could have taken this week off since it's my last week at home too. Oh well. I'm already planning us a little family getaway on President's day weekend.


We enjoyed seeing so many members of our family this holiday. And even though the pictures may not show it, I know Levi enjoyed it too. I just wish he'd smile his adorable smile for the camera!

2 comments:

Mom said...

You caught a really cute smile,looks like he is going to enjoy that play thing a lot. All of those around Levi know what a cutie he is,smiling or not. He just does NOT like the camera.Hopefully that will change.

Anonymous said...

As always, we really enjoyed our visit with you, and we're so glad you were able to stay over. What an adorable picture of Levi (Grandpa too). I bet Levi gives you lots of photo ops. in his activity center! Hugs, Joey