Monday, December 21, 2009

Holiday Festivities

We had our 7th annual Holiday Cocktail Party on Saturday night. It hardly seems possible that Gabe and I have been hosting this holiday celebration for seven years. We've now held it in three different residences, celebrated during a snow storm and we always manage to make too much food. I even cut back this year because I no longer have the time and energy.
We had a great time. It was wonderful to see friends we don't see nearly enough, share a lot of laughs and enjoy great food and drink. Love it!
I think I managed to get a photo of everyone who came...just not in one shot. I don't have the time to post them all, so this gives you a little sample of the festivities.

On Sunday morning, Gabe and I slept in a little and then finished our Christmas shopping before we picked up Levi from Grandma and Grandpa G's house. It was nice to be able to do some running around without hauling that nearly 20lb guy every where! So, I'm glad I won't have to brave the crowds any more. But I think we will head over to my school tomorrow and see what shape my classroom is in. It will probably need some straightening up. My sub didn't have the obsession with organization that I do. I think I'll do a little more baking this week before the holiday arrives. I really want to make Mindy's molasses cookies!
I'm hoping to be back on here before Christmas is completely over. It will be necessary to make sure Levi's first Christmas is well documented! Although, we do have to celebrate Christmas with 3 different families...which always makes things crazy!

3 comments:

jessica said...

You look great! Your house looks great! We are wishing you a merry Christmas, Heidi and Gabe (and Levi).

Anonymous said...

It was a fun party!

Anonymous said...

Said Alexis