Saturday, June 12, 2010

What a BEAUTIFUL day!

It's finally starting to feel like summer and it sure does lift the spirit.
We took full advantage of our first warm, and dry day of the summer, by heading over to this part of town. We wanted to check out this event, but ended up heading over there a little too early. The parade didn't start until 3 and the actual race didn't start until 5. We walked around, played at the park and had a late lunch here. Most of Portland was recovering from their early morning at the Rose Parade (which we'll have to attend at some point in a few years...after all, it is a Portland family tradition), so this event wasn't as busy as I was afraid it might be. As I get older, I enjoy crowds less and less. Well, at lunch Levi was starting to get pretty fussy and we made the decision to bag it and head home to get the little guy his afternoon nap. Problem being...once we got home, he wouldn't take one. So we could have stayed and "enjoyed" the rest of the afternoon with a crabby baby. Although after our numerous failed attempts at an afternoon nap, we did wash the cars...so that was productive.
It's hard to be disappointed on a day like today. I think we'll definitely go back again next year. Only we'll dress up our bikes and ride in the family ride.
Gabe and I are ending our evening with BBQ steak, wine and a dip in the hot tub. I really wish summer was truly here already.

Here's a picture of Levi enjoying the swing at the park...for the grandparents!

3 comments:

Mom said...

Awwww,thanks.Pretty cute!Looks like he is holding on tight!!

Anonymous said...

Too cute! Thanks. If that is the set (a cement truck?) I got for Levi, the outfit seems to be fitting well. Love, Nana

Anonymous said...

What a darling picture!

Alexis