Levi slept through the entire drive to Pacific City, except for when we hit construction on hwy 6. I was afraid the rest of the trip was going to be miserable but once we got moving again he settled down quickly. He really likes riding in the car. As long as it's moving! Sometimes he'll even start screaming when we stop at traffic lights but will stop as soon as we're moving again. Silly guy.
Anyway, we rented a house in Pacific City that was a few blocks from the beach. The weather was amazing and Levi slept through most of his first time on the beach. We took him on lots of walks anyway. Grandma and Grandpa G even flew kites for him. Sadly, he slept through that too. It was a great weekend. Here's a few pictures of Levi's first time on the Oregon Coast!

Trips to the beach will definitely be more fun next year. He'll be walking around and putting sand in his mouth. He'll find gross dead things to pick up and show us. It will be great.I am also proud to announce (and somewhat nervous) that Levi is almost sleeping through the night. It started at the beach Friday night. We put him down about 8pm and he didn't wake up until 4am! Then he did nearly the same on Saturday night and last night. That's three nights in a row! That does mean he's eating a lot more during the day to stock up for those long nights. I had to feed him twice in less than 2 hours this morning. But it's totally worth it. Unfortunatlely, each night he's soaked through his cloth diaper. I think it just gets so saturated it starts leaking because the diaper isn't sticking out of the cover at all. (That's what usually causes his leaky diapers.) Does anyone know what I should do? I could just put him in a disposable over night but I'd rather not. How do I prevent the leaking overnight cloth diaper?
3 comments:
Are you doubling up the diapers at night? I know most do that for overnights... you may have to buy a bigger size wrap. Lots of friends I know did just go to disposables at night for the heavy wetters... in the end it's much better than cleaning up leaks every morning or having wet jammies wake him up. A good night's sleep for Levi is more important than being loyal to cloth diapers!
Looks like a great weekend at the beach! Maybe we can all head out there sometime in November?!!
It was a great beach getaway.And I think Heather is right.Try doubling up or switch to disposables at night.Yeah Levi! Keep up long sleeps.EVERYONE feels better with a good nights sleep!
I was also going to suggest disposables at night. My Mom was set against using disposables when Lyndsi was born, but as soon as she used them one night at bedtime - she was SOLD! And, no baby waking up crying from being wet and no Mom being awake changing baby's clothes and bedding. I love the pictures! Thanks for sharing. We can hardly wait until next summer and having you guys make it to the property at Yachats. Joey
Post a Comment