We spent most of our Saturday running errands and cleaning up. (Gabe is working on getting the garage unpacked and organized...finally...we just haven't had the time.) I also started a new project in our upstairs bathroom, but I'll share more on that later. We decided today we needed to get out and enjoy the first weekend of fall. It was a wonderfully beautiful weekend that should not be spent indoors working on projects anyway.
So, we went on a family outing to the Columbia River Gorge. The destination we had in mind was Multnomah Falls. Disappointment hit us when we entered the parking area only to discover not a single available space. I'm not kidding! We took one loop around the parking area hoping (along with the other 10 cars ahead of us and the 20 behind us) someone would soon be leaving and we could have their vacated spot. A second loop around the parking lot never happened because you-know-who woke up from his nap and was literally screaming in the back seat. We jumped on the freeway heading back toward town, and an exit for the old highway. There are so many waterfalls to see, and hike to, that we decided the big falls could be saved for another time. We made a quick stop at Vista House. The wind was blowing fiercely up there. I know the Gorge is windy, but I've never been so afraid I was going to be blown off into the river. Thankfully, Levi was protected from the wind by his daddy. Other than forcing him to be wide awake, and blowing what little hair he has around, I don't think the wind had much impact on the little guy. We ended up exploring Latourell Falls this time. Maybe we'll head out that way again this fall and can stop by Multnomah Falls. Maybe it won't be so busy! I can hope right?
2 comments:
I'm glad you guys got to enjoy the beautiful day & see some water falls.That is too long a drive to miss out on them.xoxoxo
Awesome picture. He (Levi) is so alert. I copied the pictures and sent them to Tom at work so he could show Annie. Hugs, Joey
Post a Comment