It seems like Gabe gets home on Friday evening, we blink and he's getting up on Monday to go to work.
We had a busy weekend. Lots of fun things happening!
Saturday we invited friends and family over to see Levi (and for some...our new house). Lots of people came even though the weather was nice and warm. I wanted the party to spill out onto the deck and yard but it was just too hot. So, the house seemed pretty full most of the day. I enjoyed talking to everyone and I hardly got out the camera. The one time I did it was literally for 30 seconds so I have maybe 5 pictures and none of them are really that good. I'm really disappointed that I missed the photo op of Levi's first party in our new house. Oh, well. I enjoyed the time with friends and family. And Levi was on his best behavior! Other than needing a break from the party to eat twice...he was asleep pretty much the whole time!
Yesterday we attempted an at home newborn photo shoot. Since he's growing so fast and is now one month old, I wanted to get some shots before we lost the chance. Plus, he's already loosing his nice head of hair and the baby acne is starting to pop up. We set up a "studio" in the dinning room because it has the best natural light, and overhead lighting, in the house. We got some pretty cute shots before Levi peed all over. That ended the photo shoot.


In the afternoon we took a trip over to Josh and Danelle's new place to see new baby Weston. I felt stressed out right before Levi came (with the house situation) but I can't imagine what they've been going through. They've been waiting for their house to be built this summer. Weston was born last Saturday and they got the keys to their finished house this week and started moving in this weekend with a baby one week old. They seem to be handling it much better than I would. Weston and Levi took a little time to check each other out. It was really funny. They just sorta stared at each other. Levi was thinking... "Who is this person who's actually smaller than me?" He hasn't had that experience yet! It looks like Levi has just decked Weston in this picture but it isn't really the case. I promise our son isn't a bully. Levi did reach out and touch Weston's arm a few times. I think he was really curious about him. Hopefully it was the start of a long friendship. They are two really cute boys!
4 comments:
Oh, he's so precious, Heidi. Love these pictures.
Ditto! But don't wait for special days to take them.Take them EVERYDAY!You wont regret taking lots of pictures when you look back years from now..you will regret it if you don't!!I love Levi on the dark blue.And him on the floor with his fist out(threating his new friend & making him cry)is toooo cute!!XOXOXO
The pictures are so precious! What a handsome boy. I love checking out your blog to see what's happening with you all and the latest pics. of our grandson. And, Mom's right - the more pictures the better. Hope to see you guys soon. Love, Joey
Good idea with the baby photo shoot, very impressive! What a cutie!
Alexis
Post a Comment