Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Getting Older

Here I am...having another birthday.
I remember how excited I use to get about my birthday. Not the case any more. I get excited about other people's birthdays but it's hard to get excited about my own.
My family came over last night and we had a little party. It wasn't much of a party between feeding Levi and trying to get him to sleep. My mom did make me a carrot cake. It wouldn't be my birthday without it since it's my FAVORITE!
Gabe bought me this for my birthday. He's going to put together my work out/craft room at some point. Just not sure when we'll have a weekend for him to do it. The room needs to be painted and obviously the elliptical needs to be put together. When it finally gets done I'll post some pictures. I'm more excited for the machine to be put together so I can start using it. I don't see myself ever being able to get to the gym again...so a home gym it is!
Tonight Gabe and I are going to get away for the first time...together. My mom is going to come over and watch Levi so we can go out to dinner. I'm really looking forward to it. We haven't been able to spend time with just each other. It should be really nice. On Thursday, I'm thrilled to be going out with the girls for dinner. I haven't been able to get out on my own yet (Gabe's been out several times with the guys) and it's about time! What better time then in celebration of growing another year older. Not that it's really something to celebrate but I'll take any reason I can get to have some time to myself.
What I really want for my birthday is a nap so I better go take one before the little guy decides his nap time is over!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You look fabulous, my dear! I'm so happy that your Mom is close by and can help you out. Hope you & Gabe had a wonderful time at dinner. Make sure you get a nap before you go out with the girls on Thursday - I'd hate for you to fall asleep!

Love, Joey

heather said...

Happy Happy Birthday.
Hope you got the nap you wanted... and maybe a few other tangible things to unwrap that made you smile too!
I'm working on a baby Levi box and your gift will be in with that. (along with Mom's... I'm a little behind) Hopefully it'll be in the mail by the week's end.

Oh, and have fun tonight!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! Dinner will be yummy!

Alexis