Thursday, September 17, 2009

First day at school

I took Levi into school today. Everyone's been bugging me to bring him in so they can meet him. I wanted to do it the first week everyone came back without kids but that obviously didn't happen. So, he had his first day at school today. Although...it was really just a few hours. He got to meet lots of new people including a bunch of 8th graders. In my friend Linda's math class, he just looked around at all the faces in amazement. It was pretty cute. My students, for the most part, were pretty excited to see him. He was awake when we first got to school but about half way through was out like a light. Those that saw him sleeping didn't believe me when I told them his cry sounds like a pterodactyl scream.
It was nice to see my kids. I have the same ones from last year so I know most of them. (There's always a few new ones...I met a few today). And as difficult as they are at times (some of them that would be most of the time), I realized today that I really do miss them. And I miss being there laughing with them and teaching them. I'm sure the next few months will go by quickly and then I'll be thinking back to these days I'm spending with Levi in the same way. So, I have to enjoy all the time I have with him now because I'll be back to school before I know it.
I've got a list of things to do a mile long this afternoon. We're going to take off tomorrow afternoon and head to the beach for the weekend. Lots of packing to do. Gone are the days of packing a change of clothes and a cooler of food. I can't believe the amount of stuff we have to take with us! I better get to it or we won't get out of here until midnight tomorrow.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Sounds like you both had a big day,although Levi missed most of it.Sleepy little guy...were you able to take any pictures? XOXOX