Saturday, May 26, 2007

Die, Moles! Die!

Thursday morning when I left the house, I saw 3 nice fresh mounds of dirt in the grass. For a second I thought they were something else, and I didn't think we had any dogs in our neighborhood who were big enough to leave those kid of surprises. When I woke up enough to figure out what they were, I knew we were in trouble. Then yesterday there was another on the opposite side of the yard. The mole is back!

Gabe drew the battle line and now the war is on. There are some crazy poisons and traps to kill these nasty vermin and they better work. After all the effort we put into the yard this spring, this mole is really pissing us off!
What is really infuriating is that after we set 3 traps...another hole has popped up. I'm really afraid we're going to have to go "Caddyshack" on this rodent.
-h

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have heard that ABC gum put in the holes will kill them without chemicals or traps. They eat it and cannot digest it causing them to plug up and give up.

Steve

Dave said...

Yes, I also heard that grape bubbleyum is the way to go. It is their fav brand.
Bill Murray had a problem with gophers, not moles.
Happy hunting.

Gabe said...

To be fair, we don't really know which we have, moles or gophers. Either way, they're both pretty annoying.

-G