Monday, May 21, 2007

Hieroglyphics

To some people, they might be as understandable as hieroglyphics, but to rally people, these are plain English. These are Jemba style stage notes that describe every corner, bump and hill on a stage. As a codriver I am literally reading these continuously to the driver so he can know where to go. Paying attention to where we are on the road so I know I'm in the right spot in the book is a challenge, but a rewarding one. The more in sync the driver and I are, the faster we go. The book on the bottom is the instructions I use to tell the driver where to go to get to the next stage, usually over public roads. As you can see, they get abused and dirty. As Heidi mentioned, we got second place in our class on Saturday and won our class on Sunday. Not a bad result if you ask me.

-G

You can see us in action here and here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats!!