The warm weather this week almost destroyed my salad box. I didn't have any dirt so I couldn't plant my lettuce when we finished building the box. And when I looked at the lettuce Thursday evening I was afraid I might have lost it all. So, I gave it a good drink and then just decided to hope for the best since I couldn't plant them Thursday...still no dirt.Well, first thing today I went over to Freddies and got some soil. As I was planting I couldn't help but think I was doing it in vain. All the plants were all really limp. They were pathetic. I decided to plant them anyway, still hoping for the best. Those of you that know me, know that I'm not an optimistic person. I was already figuring when I'd have time this week to go get some more starts.
I'm excited to report good news already. This is the picture of the completed project, plants and all. I was especially concerned about the arugula. But it looks like it will recover, given that I don't forget to water. I really love being able to open the back door and have everything I want. Herbs, veggies, fruit...it's the way things should be!
-h
RALLY UPDATE: click here
picture sent from Gabe
4 comments:
Good work farmer Heidi!:)
the lettuce box looks awesome! did you get any zucchini starters? Loving the garden~
Carley
Yes...and summer squash. I'm also trying artichokes this year since my peppers didn't work out last year.
I also got snap peas and onions. That's the complete veggie rundown. Maybe we can do some veggie (and fruit) swapping. (I always have more raspberries than we can pick.) I really wanted to do carrots but figured I'm out of room.
-h
Wow, I'm impressed. The box turned out great.
Alexis
Post a Comment