is the Tuesday photo challenge this week.Perfect for me since books are one of my favorite things. I'm still trying to figure out why I married someone who doesn't know how to read. (For those of you who don't know, Gabe and I have this running joke. Gabe only reads magazines: RollingStone, Grassroots Motor Sports, Wired, and Discover.)
Spring break is now over and I'm getting excited about all the time I'll have this summer to read. I usually go through about a book a week. Last summer I read memoirs like crazy. I'm not sure what it will be this summer. All I know for sure is how excited I am that the final Harry Potter book comes out in the middle of the summer (July 21st). Yes, I can't help it...I love Harry Potter.
Since my husband doesn't know how to read, any suggestions of books that I should put on my reading list for the summer? I've already got one and I've told you what it is!
-H
4 comments:
Hello Heidi, Have you heard of the author Wen Spencer? She writes scifi and has used a person named Ukiah Oregon. I found her when I was checking out Ukiah, Oregon; this is near the Umatilla National Forest. Megan is looking into a job there. At first I thought the author might be from the area; however, she is from Boston. Winnie
Heidi,
You might like this site: http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/46112
It's a nice way to keep up on what you read.
Gabe,
Don't let Heidi give you crap for not reading books. Mags and the internet are much better reading material. It is way more useful to read cnet.com rather than Harry Potter. But this is coming from someone who hasn't read a book longer than "If You Give a Moose a Muffin" in quite a few years.
I'm excited about Harry Potter this summer too!!!!!!!!!! Although sad that it is the last book. I've read some good books, we will have to compare lists at goodreads!
Alexis
Post a Comment