Saturday, August 4, 2007

He Can Read!!!

When we were sitting in the airport ready to come home, guess what Gabe wanted to buy? More magazines to read. He brought 3, but finished them all and wanted something to read while we waited. I had convinced him to bring a book I finished earlier in the summer because I thought he'd really like it. But here it was the end of our trip, and he hadn't even touched it. I convinced him to give it a try. And guess what? He's actually reading it and has had trouble putting it down. Good job Gabe! Way to give books a chance!
In other news, we ventured to the new, one and only, Portland IKEA this evening. We're looking at refurnishing our office and finding some ways to solve our storage issues in our mudroom. We were mostly there just to check out what they have. We found a few promising options. It's nice to have an IKEA within 10 minutes rather than 3 hours. We couldn't leave empty handed of course. So we got these. They go on these for spice storage in the kitchen.
-h

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey what book was it that got(caught) Gabe??? I can't believe that's ALL you came home with from IKEA.

Gabe said...

I'm reading The Road by Cormac McCarthy.

-G