Thursday and Friday the weather at the coast was beautiful. Sunny, warm (70+ degrees), and most importantly...dry.Well, on Saturday that all began to change.
Luckily, Gabe and I went for a walk down to the beach after breakfast. It was windy and cold, but still dry. That's the Oregon Coast we're all so "fond" of. I say we were lucky because almost as soon as we finished eating our lunch/dinner around 3, the rain started and it just wouldn't stop. There was no more enjoying the beach after that. Instead, we were all holed up under the canopy playing games. Let me tell you, 6 people under a 10x10 canopy for hours becomes a tight squeeze!
I am happy to report that thanks to the superior design of Kelty equipment, Gabe and I were dry as a bone in our tent all night. Sadly, my mom, dad, Tricia and Jory were not so lucky. Tricia was forced to wring the water out of her pillow in the morning. That stinks!
-h
1 comment:
At least you got some beach time! We went camping this weekend too, but we didn't get the rain til Sat night when we got in the tent. It must have git you guys at the coast, and then cruised inland. Bummer!!
Alexis
Post a Comment