Wednesday, August 8, 2007

We have berries!

Finally! I chopped back our raspberry bushes this fall to stumps, and at the time didn't think anything of it. Berries grow so crazy I didn't think cutting them so drastically would make any difference. When July came, and it didn't look like we'd have any berries, I was really disappointed. I figured my drastic pruning was to blame and I had resigned myself with the fact that we wouldn't have any raspberries in our yard this year to snack on. I figured there was always next year.
Well, you can imagine my surprise a few weeks ago when Gabe told me there were a few blossoms on the bushes. And my utter amazement when I spotted some berries ripe for the picking while I was outside pulling weeds today! I'm thrilled that our raspberries are finally here. Better late than never!
-h

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wish you had a ton of berries,cuz I KNOW you would share them. Theese are my favorite,but I love them all.