Sunday, October 21, 2007

Mountain Biking


On Friday five of us made the drive down to one of the best mountain biking areas in the US. It just so happens that I grew up there as well. It's Oakridge, Oregon I'm talking about for those who don't know where I grew up or aren't familiar with mountain biking hotspots. This picture was taken at the end of the day on Saturday after we had battled snow, rain and elk hunters. The first ride I wanted to do unfortunately started at a pretty high elevation, so high that we were riding in 4" of snow and weren't even near the trailhead. While we were riding on the road towards the trail, we passed a group of elk hunters all standing around looking at a truck that had been put in the ditch. They were really surprised to see us. Once we decided the snow was too much for us we headed to a lower elevation ride, Larison Rock. Dave broke his chain on the ride and I had no rear brakes, so it made for an adventurous trip. This picture is after the last ride of the day, Aubrey Mountain. It was a little more work than I had remembered, but still a fun ride. I think everyone had fun, and I was impressed with how well Mike and Bryan did with very little biking experience.

-G

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We stopped at Oakridge on our way to Yuma for breakfast on the 4th of October. Hwy. 58 had no snow on the roads but the trees looked like a Christmas card. Very usual for us to hit snow that early in the season.

Anonymous said...

I just missed you in Oakridge, I left Friday morning to return to Ukiah, Oregon.