I'm cheating a bit with this one, it was actually taken last night, though it was getting pretty late when I took it. At last I got to put our tripod and remote to good use. This is a 30 minute exposure of the Big Dipper and surrounding stars. Out at the lake the sky was amazingly dark and full of stars, so many that it was hard to pick out familiar constellations. I was hoping to have the North Star in the frame, so there would be a distinct focal point that all the stars were spinning around. Since it was my first try at something like this, I'm not to concerned. I'm excited to try some more things like this in the future. Though, I'm not too excited about standing out in the cold waiting for the shutter to close.-G
1 comment:
Wow! This picture is really cool. Maybe sometime you can explain the whole shutter thing. It makes it seem as if the world is really spinning fast!
Alexis
Post a Comment