Monday, April 7, 2008

Do you like to read?

Do you want to be more green?
Then visit your local library. Using the library, or buying secondhand books, is a great way to live a more green lifestyle. About 3 billion new books are sold each year and that requires four hundred thousand trees to be chopped down. Those of you who know me, know that books are one thing I love to buy. Well, I decided I need to be getting more books from the library. I picked this one up yesterday. (It's one I've seen many of my kids reading and thought I should check out what they're reading.)
Here's another interesting idea: book swapping. It seems like a great way to get new books to read, clean off your book shelf of the books you're no longer interested in, and help the environment. Maybe I'll sign up. Or maybe I'll just stick to the library right now since I have a such a hard time getting rid of books.
Half time is over...I better wrap this up. Go Kansas!
-h

1 comment:

Bryan said...

Good call. I buy all my books on half.com and sell them back to half.com when I run out of room on my bookshelves.