So today is Earth Day, the 38th annual day where we are to gather as a planet and take some time to respect our earth. I don't really have anything specific to post about today. I just want all of you to take some time and think about what the earth means to you. What do you care about most? Is it the flora and fauna? Scenic views of mountains? Fresh clean water? I realize that these things are important to all of us, but is there one thing that you care about the most? I'm thinking that for me, the most important thing is something we have plenty of here in Oregon. It's those deep, dark, damp forests that you find all over western Oregon. The ones where everything is different shades of green, there is moss on every surface and everything seems moist. I'm thinking about places in pictures like this one, and this one.
Now that you have an image in your head about what you love about our earth the most. What are you going to do to save it, to make sure it doesn't change, to make sure it's still there for future generations?
-G
1 comment:
I think what I care about most is...
an Earth full of animals.
When I see and hear about the extreme ways animals are being forced to adjust to all the human impact on their ecosystem is makes me feel sad. I hope that future generations have the same earth, with all it's wonder, to enjoy.
-h
Post a Comment