Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Electronics Recycling

So I'll admit, I didn't actually do this today, but I'm going to tomorrow. I had planned to at least recycle the one compact fluorescent bulb we've had burn out. I knew we couldn't just throw it in the trash as they do contain some mercury, which does contribute to air and water pollution. This is why proper disposal is key, especially if you happen to break one ever, make sure you follow this. To find a place to recycle your fluorescent bulb, check here.

Heidi and I also have a few old cellphones we need to get rid of, they're just sitting in our back room. They are tough to part with since they cost so much when we originally got them. There are both recycling and donation programs. All of the phones we have are perfectly usable, especially with a new battery, so donation would be the best as other people could get some value out of them. For a few ways to get rid of them, check out this link.

We'll also be recycling our batteries as we go through the last ones as we transition to rechargeable ones.

-G

No comments: