Sunday, April 27, 2008

Fabric

Today, Gabe bought this shirt made from organic cotton.  We previously bought towels made from organic cotton and we love them.  Yes, they cost a little bit more but it's worth it because buying clothes made from 100 percent organic cotton eliminates lots of fertilizers, pesticides, and herbicides from the environment.  Whenever possible, buying clothes made from organic cotton will keep you and the Earth happy and healthy.

Does anyone have any green tips they'd like to share with us?  We're running out of ways we can change our life to help the planet.  Any help?  We need something good for these last 3 days!
-h

2 comments:

heather said...

Okay, how about this for a big change?...
http://littlebloginthebigwoods.blogspot.com/2007/03/no-refrigerator-for-30-years.html

Well, maybe that's a little extreme, but what about this...
http://noimpactman.typepad.com/blog/2008/04/lv-grn-making-s.html

or not to get too personal Heidi, but I've been considering this
http://crunchychicken.blogspot.com/2007/08/divacup-vs-tampons.html
and looking at other reusable methods of dealing with er- feminine hygiene issues.

Gabe said...

Heather,
Thanks for the ideas.
Wow! Living without a fridge! I love the idea but since I also love saving money that one is a definite stretch for me.
Great idea about vacations too. Can I just pretend we're not right in the middle of planing our trip to Greece in June. Maybe next year we'll vacation close to home.
-h