Sunday, July 15, 2007

The Cove

Friday we took off to the Cove Palisades in Central Oregon. We met a bunch of friends for a weekend of camping and fun. Even though it was hot, dry and dusty, we had a great time. I do love coming here because the lake is beautiful, and just the right temperature to cool off from the scorching heat.
The first picture is one I took when we were headed out of the park on Sunday. You can see Mt. Jefferson in the background and the haze in the air is coming from several wildfires in the area. It's that time of year.
The picture of Gabe is my Friday picture. We got into camp on Friday right in the heat of the day. We were soooo hot! All Jen, Craig, Gabe and I could do was set up the easy-up canopies and play games in the shade. Even sitting in the shade, sweat was dripping down my back! When Alexis and Eric arrived, we got on our swim wear and headed straight for the lake. A dip in the lake never felt sooo good!
-h

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the picture of the mountain, rocks, and water. It really captured all the scenery we saw this weekend!

Alexis