Saturday, July 7, 2007

To-Do:

Yes, I'm one of those wives. I left Gabe today with a big list of things to-do. I really didn't expect him to do everything, but I was really hoping he'd get a lot done. We have quite a few things still to get ready for our BBQ tomorrow. I would have been working along side him... really, I would have been, but I had a bridal shower for my friend Kirsten to attend this morning. And I did make him blueberry pancakes (fresh blueberries from our bush) before I left. Had to make sure he had the energy!
Gabe did my least favorite things while I was gone: edged the lawn, and went to Costco. Does anyone else hate Costco? Honestly, I would love Costco if there weren't 10,000 other people shopping with me. The crowds just kill me! I can feel my blood pressure rise the moment we enter the parking lot.
So when I got home, we started cleaning the house and spread out the bark dust we got for the back yard. Neither of us wanted to deal with the bark dust. So I told Gabe that I guess we'll just have to stop having people over because it's too much work. That got him up pretty fast. We both really love having people over, and having a good time, but it's always a ton of work. Well, the work will be over soon enough, I just pulled the mojito cupcakes out of the oven. That means tomorrow all I've got left is preparing the side dishes. And having a good time!
-h

1 comment:

heather said...

Wow, those cupcakes sound very interesting... very yummy! You'll have to let me know how they turn out!! Have fun!