Monday, July 23, 2007

Green Tomatoes

We have lots of green tomatoes on our plants! Hopefully they will finish ripening while we are gone next week and be ready to pick when we get home. There is one really low on the vine that is about 7 or 8 inches in diameter. I wonder why all of our veggies are growing so large this year. I swear I didn't even fertilize. Crazy.
Today I picked up the last essential item of our trip to Kauai. That is, I hope it's the last thing we need. I don't have a good rain jacket. It's hard to believe, I know. Living in Oregon you'd think I'd have that covered. Don't get me wrong, I've got lots of jackets. I just don't have one that's lightweight and waterproof. Just what I want for tropical rainstorms next week. So I went over to the Columbia Outlet store to see what I could find. Boy did I score! This jacket retailed for $115. At the outlet it was priced $79.95. But I got it for 50% off that. Final price I paid...$39.98!!! Of course I got the brown and pink one! I just love getting great deals.
-h

No comments: