Gabe and I have been talking for awhile about signing up for PGE's Green Source program. It allows you to purchase 100 percent of your electricity from renewable resources and therefore reduce your carbon footprint. We've been reading and researching but haven't gotten around to actually do it. That was until last night at the brew fest. PGE had a booth and we figured it was time. So, we are now off setting our carbon foot print by 9,200lbs which is equal to not driving our car for an entire year! I think it's pretty exciting!Those of you who live in Portland know about Stumptown. (P-town's nickname) It is easily the best coffee in the city! Well, we were out this morning and both wanted a caffeine jolt so we stopped at Stumptown. Gabe went in. I waited in the car. And I waited. And I waited. Gabe said when he walked in, he saw that there was a line but it didn't look too bad until he tried to find the end of it. At that point he felt like he had already committed and decided to stick it out. I didn't time him, but it was probably 15 minutes. For all really great things in Portland...you must wait! It's worth it! Lacking creativity today, because it's so rainy and dreary, the only thing I could think to get a shot of was my empty coffee cup. It was GOOD!
-h
No comments:
Post a Comment