there's a parade tomorrow? Did you know? That people in Portland are crazy? Did you know? That you can watch the Rose Festival Parade on TV and not have to pitch a tent on MLK 14 hours before it starts?When I got home today, Gabe and I went up to North Portland for the Organic Brewer's Festival. MMMMM BEER! On our way home, we drove down MLK and were shocked to see the amount of people who had marked off their parade spot and had actually pitched tents on the street! I didn't know it was legal to pitch a tent on a Portland Street! CRAZY! Feeling a little silly, I sarcastically asked a family "camped" on MLK, "What's going on?" To which they replied, "There's a parade!" Like everyone in Portland doesn't already know that? Sleeping on the street...is it really worth a front row seat for a parade?
And finally, I get to my picture. Today, we had our 3rd Living History Day. (of which I am co-organizer) The 7th graders (my kids) spend the day learning about the Renaissance. While 8th grade spends the day actively learning about the Civil War. These are the fighters who came...the kids loved them!
-h
1 comment:
Very cool"living history". I might have liked it if I could have seen it live. Yeah parade goers say its "tradition",to tape off or camp out.I guess anything goes and all rules/laws are forgotten.100th year,and I've NEVER been down there.(except when we drove through town with our moving caravan,29 yrs ago.)I even like parades.SMALL town ones I guess.:)
Post a Comment