This picture really doesn't do this flower justice. I love this hollyhock. We took some seeds from the plant Gabe put in at the old rental. I'm surprised it survived. Our landlady asked me on several occasions if it was a weed. I'm shocked that she didn't just come by one day and pull it out. She was known for doing exactly that! Boy am I still glad to be rid of her! We planted the seeds here last year but didn't get any blooms, so I'm very happy to see them this year.I've never seen the color of this flower on any other. It's deep, and dark, and beautiful. I'm enjoying them a lot already. But, what I'm not enjoying is the fact that I still can't use my bathroom. Gabe will give you a look at the finished project tomorrow! It's looking great!
-h
2 comments:
I like! Can you share some seeds with me ? I used to make little dolls out of hollyhocks when I was little.:)
We had a plant that I pulled up for 3 years and last year I decided maybe it wasn't a weed and I let it grow. My neighbors thought it might be a hollyhock so I looked on the internet and sure enough. It's not nearly as pretty as yours as it is white. Grandma G.
Post a Comment