Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Peony Fire

It's obviously not really on fire, but using a little imagination I think it looks like flames. I was out checking out the sad state of our peonies when I noticed this blossom on the one peony that actually flowered. Their sad state is directly due to where the previous owners of the house planted them. The are on the north side of the house where there is very little sun. According the the Sunset Western Garden Book, they like full sun with afternoon shade in only the hottest climates. The only plant that is blooming is on the corner of the house where it has reached around the corner to grab as much sun as it can. Our plan is to move them for next year.

-G

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

BEEEEAUTIFUL!!!!

Gabe said...

Gabe,
This is my favorite of you pictures! I love it!
-h