Monday, June 25, 2007

Leftovers for lunch

In celebration of "finishing" the bathroom, and because we made half a dozen trips to Home Depot but not one to the grocery store all weekend, we went out for dinner last night. I told Gabe that he could choose the place, but Mexican was off limits. (The only thing we'd been eating all weekend was burritos and chips/salsa). That stipulation automatically ruled out his all-time favorite spot, Cha Cha Cha. So he had to settle for going next door to his second favorite spot, Oaks Bottom Public House. He likes it cause they brew some really good IPAs. We had a few beers and dinner. While we were waiting for the server to come back with Gabe's card, Gabe was nice enough to take a moment to "mark" my leftovers. When I went to warm up my lunch today, I couldn't help but giggle about what he wrote.
What's funny is that if Jupiter knew how to open the fridge (and read for that matter) this message would be necessary. I swear, I've never know a cat to get into so much people food. We can't leave anything on the kitchen counters or in the sink. He even threw up this weekend. I think he was getting into all the paint/construction materials we had around. He's definitely more like a dog than a cat. If anyone has any suggestions about how to teach him not to do this, I'd love to hear it. We tried masking tape but it's really inconvenient to have your entire kitchen covered in tape. Also, the squirt bottle has never worked very well on him. Or maybe it's us...we aren't very consistent. Any other suggestions?
-h

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH BROTHER!Gabe is definately giving Jupiter WAY more credit for being smart than he deserves.:)

Trish_the_Fish said...

lol... that is hilarious, but so sad at the same time. Train your damn cat. Get a spray bottle and squirt his little butt everytime he does something wrong! hehe thank god you two aren't having children.. (totally just playing) love you guys!