The wonderful Oregon Strawberry!Jen, Alexis and I spent the morning picking the last berries of the year. It seems really early for them to be so over ripe already. We had trouble finding berries that were ripe to perfection. It's been such a warm and dry spring, must be global climate change.
I've already put the berries to good use (other than snacking on some while I picked). I made strawberry short cake (Alexis gave me the "cake" recipe), which Gabe and I will treat ourselves to once we've finished the bathroom for the evening. There are also 2 pints of strawberry freezer jam on my counter ready to go to the freezer, and from there, on to my toast. Yummy!
-h
Bathroom Project update: I put on 2 coats of primer this afternoon. Red is such a terrible color to cover! Gabe is right now, as I type, tearing up the yucky linoleum and taking off the baseboards. He's got the hole patched and the sink torn out already!
-h
2 comments:
That's quite a catchy phrase...about the berries.Glad to hear the bathroom project is going well.Keep up the good work!!!
Yeah, the berries were delicious, but went bad quickly. I'm glad I got some into the freezer and freezer jam too.
Alexis
Post a Comment