Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Dogwood

Our tree is a late bloomer. When all the pink Dogwoods started to bloom this spring, ours wasn't even close. Gabe and I both love Dogwood trees, and were getting concerned that maybe it wasn't going bloom at all this year. Gabe actually loves these trees so much that he "claims" Dogwood was his first word. (Winnie, we might need some validation on that.)
Oh, by the way....1 MORE DAY! I think I've sort of been in denial the last few weeks. They've been so long and exhausting that I've just convinced myself that summer was never going to come. Now that it's finally almost here, I can hardly contain my excitement.
-h

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the Dogwood too.The one in my yard is pink,your white one is very nice though.I guess it was worth the wait. So is being done with school for the year.:)Enjoy your last day!!!! XOXOXOXOXOXOXO

Anonymous said...

Yes, it was ONE of his first words Very early on - he didn't say much for a long time but when he did start talking it was phrases. I was working with him on dada first of course. Tom came home and when I handed Gabe to him and dada, Tom almost collapsed. Right by Black Canyon Gabe hit the back of my seat and said dogwood. Your dogwood looks like a native dogwood; it must be in some shade to be so late. I love them also.

heather said...

ohhhh... first WORD, not first WOOD. I was confused! haha!

Anonymous said...

I was too.That's exactly what I said to your dad.Now it makes a LITTLE more sense.

Gabe said...

Just a checking to make sure you guys were reading carefully! :)
-h