Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Workin' at the car wash

Life is good! I haven't had to wake to an alarm this week and I've been to the gym when no one else is there. I spent an hour and a half at the spa yesterday and had dinner ready for Gabe when he got home today. Boy do I love summer!

As you can see, I did put myself to work today. The car needed cleaning (both inside and out) badly. I did the outside today and will do the inside tomorrow. Gabe was teasing me tonight because the roof of the car has this dirty streak running down the middle. It's where I can't reach. I can't help being short. He did remind me that I could open up the car door and use the door frame as a "stool". Why didn't I think of that? I'll have to take care of that tomorrow as well.

After dinner we went to OMSI. They have this exhibit that was of interest to us, Body Worlds. It was really interesting. A German doctor has used a special plastic to preserve the human body. The bodies in the exhibit have been arranged in ways to show how muscles and tendons work. There are pieces that show the nervous system and the circulatory system. You can also see all the organs of the body. They have comparisons of healthy organs and unhealthy ones. (Those of you who are smokers out there should see what your lungs really look like. It's disgusting! They look like charcoal.) Overall, we found it really amazing but a little heavy. It certainly wouldn't be something to take young children to see.
-h

1 comment:

Ryan said...

i saw that when i was in boston last year, it was pretty amazing.
did you sign up to donate your body to him after you are done using it?