Saturday, June 16, 2007

What's wrong with this picture?

Oh, I don't know, maybe the 2/3rd's of the key that's missing? The day didn't start off to well here around the West's. First off, we didn't have any milk with which to make waffles, bummer. I made due with a cup of coffee, after which it was time to get to work. The yard was in need of a mow and most of the flower beds needed some weeding. I got the trusty lawnmower out only to discover that it was out of gas. Of course, the gas can was empty too. "No problem," I thought, "I'll run up the street and get some gas." I grabbed my keys and headed to the nearest gas station. I got my two dollars in gas and proceeded to try to open my trunk with my key to put the gas can away and snap. Damn. Broken key. I managed to get the trunk open since most of the key was in the lock barrel and put the gas away before I gave the news to the attendant. He suggested we push the car away from the pump into a parking spot. We gave this a shot, but since there was no key in the ignition the steering wheel locked at just too small of an angle to make it into the spot. I explained to the man that I only lived 10 blocks away and that I'd be back as soon as I could with a spare key. I jogged home, grabbed my spare and jogged back only to find two cars in line behind my car, no doubt thankful that I had returned to move my car. Fortunately the rest of the day was a lot better. Mainly because we went and had some awesome hot wings at Fire on the Mountain.


-G

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that sucks. How did you get the rest of the key out of the trunk? Could you just pull it out?
That is a bad day.
Alexis